Monday, August 12, 2013

Habanero Mexican Grill Food Truck

7/11/13:


Stars: 4.4 out of 5
Pros: Variety, Price, Quality
Cons:



     Another Thursday, another food truck experience at Hardywood. I'm sure someday this will get old and boring, but that isn't today. Normally I cruise around looking for a new truck. This time I just had to turn around as we had chosen to sit right in front of the Habanero Mexican Grill truck (Habanero Mexican Grill). JT was all about getting some tacos so we headed up to the glistening sliver trailer to order up some goodness.

     Now, I need you all to follow my logic on this next part. I appreciate the variety of products offered by Habanero Mexican Grill even though they appear limited. Sure, they only offer tacos, burritos, taco salad and chips. But you can get so many different meats. That means so many choices to me. You steak burrito is a different world then someone else's chicken tacos. Which, to me, means that with little effort Habanero is able to offer a variety of products. It's science people.



     I decided to go with 3 tacos for $7. I went with one chicken, one steak and on Al Pastor because why not get a sampling of each. As we all know, I am very price aware due to the fact that I'm poor as a traveling rotatory phone salesman. To me, $7 for 3 fresh made tacos is a good deal. Sure, I could go to Taco Bell and get 6 tacos for $7, but I prefer not to get my filling out of a meat gun (True story: They once told my old roommate he couldn't order something because "Our meat gun is broken"). Part of what I pay for is the freshness of it. So, I was very pleased with the price.



     The plate they handed me was loaded with three wonderful looking tacos. They were fully dressed with onion, cilantro, tomatillo salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato. I truly enjoyed the tomatillo salsa as they are one of my favorite additions to Mexican cuisine and I feel they are under utilized. I will also admit that I really detest cilantro due to the heavy pervasiveness of it's flavor. Thankfully, I feel that the cook in the case used just the right amount. It didn't seem to burden the rest of the foods with the responsibility of covering its taste. It actually seemed to buoy and support the other components. All of the meats had good flavor. They weren't tough or chewy as I have seen from some places in the past. Over all, I was fairly pleased.



     Habanero Mexican Grill proved to be a wonderful choice to enjoy with my beers. They reinforced the wonderful harmony of fresh cooked foods and fresh made craft beers. If you happen to catch them out, give Habanero Mexican Grill a shot and see if you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment