Thursday, February 20, 2014

Richmond Foodies Coalition


     As much as I like to think I am the end all be all of food blogging in Richmond. The number one writer. The only one that anyone should ever read. But lets be honest, EVERYONE knows that's not true. I also think that my photos (From The Viewfinder) are awesome, but others (B is for Bull) put that to shame and that's a whole different post.... I'm just one of many great writers who take time out of their lives to document what they experience. After finally getting a chance to meet a few of them at an event and then having dinner with them, I was fully humbled. Allow me to tell you who they are.



     I'll start with the first food bloggers in Richmond I can remember following on Twitter. Dana and Shakir are a married couple who write the blog Plate N Conquer. They are also on twitter as @PlateNConquer which is where they are truly active. They are both former Yankees, like myself, and they are wonderful writers. Their simple view on how restaurants should behave and what they are looking for when they go out to eat is refreshing (and way less judgemental than mine).



     Second we have a girl who's creative eye for photo's and skills in the kitchen make it seem as if I'm still using a My First Camera and an Easy Bake Oven. Marcella's honest approach to blogging can be found at Broad Appetite or on Twitter at @broadappetite. Her blog is a multi-use space that combines her photography, her recipies and her restaurant adventures. It's truly just a simple joy to read.



     Third we have one of my new reads and new associates with Grub Like A Girl. Also followable on Twitter @grubgirl3, Bethany's insightful and sharp look at the places she eats is fresh. Reading her posts makes me realize how amature I truly am. She pulls no punches in her call'em-as-she-sees'em reviews. A must read if that's your style.



     Finally, we have someone I hope to partner with on many projects, 2 Gutsy Girls. Sarah (Twitter alert: @2GutsyGirls) is formerly of Jacksonville, FL which is where that blog is based out of. Since moving to Richmond, she has devoted quite a bit of time to her new site, Living Swell RVA. She is a brillant girl who is willing to take on everything from your social media to your marketing. Email her, trust me on this.




     Each of these blogs is brilliant, interesting, creative and informative. The people who write them are that and somuch more. I sat down to a meal wth them and the feeling was like no other. The drive and determination to be great at what they do is blatently apparent. They allocute elegatly on topics far and wide. They know who they are and where they want to be. In short, they are worth your time and effort to read. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment