Monday, January 28, 2013

Weezie's Kitchen

1/26/13:

Stars: 2 out of 5
Pros: Lighting/Ambiance
Cons: Service, Food

     My goal this weekend was to get out and walk around town a bit. I am a big fan of Carytown so that's where I decided to wander. Since AC now lives close to there, I invited her to wander with me. But before we could wander, I needed a little fuel. I was a bit peckish, if you please, and I needed me some breakfast. AC suggested we try Weezie's Kitchen (Weezie's Kitchen). I'm always up for a new place to eat and a new post to write so I quickly agreed. You can never have to many new experiences, right?

     We met at the restaurant and hurried inside to get out of the cold. We got there around 10 in the morning so I expected it to be packed. It really wasn't. There were full tables, but we got seated right away. If it's your first time going just know there is a hostess. Her station is just built into the bar so it's a little confusing. She sat us at a nice little table towards the back of the restaurant. The one thing I really liked about Weezie's was the giant windows in the front that let in a lot of light. No matter where you sat in the restaurant was bright. I appreciated that. And that's about where my appreciation for Weezie's stopped...


     Our waitress came over and got our drink order fairly soon after we sat down. I will give her this, she was bubbly and friendly. I have no complaints about her attitude at all. I'll get more into my issues in a second. Patience people. When she brought us our drinks she gave us the breakfast specials. I believe there was banana pancakes, country-style eggs benedict and an omelet with ham, brie, roasted red peppers, spinach & shallots. That sounded like a winner to me. AC just stuck with coffee and I ordered the omelet. Our waitress was off to the kitchen and we settled in for some nice conversation.

     About 10 or 15 minutes later a different waitress came up (very confused I might add) with the omelet I ordered, but with cheddar instead of brie. Not mine lady, but thanks for asking. Not a minute later our waitress comes up and tells me that someone gave away my omelet. Fantastic. She said they were making a new one for me and it would be up quickly. She was right, as it was ready 5 minutes later. As she set it down on our table she asked me if I needed hot sauce. Do dogs pee on brick walls? Bring me that Siracha please. While I waited I began on my homefries and fruit. The homefries were very good. They were actually the best part of the meal. They were almost like twice-fried french fries. The fruit wasn't bad. It certainly tasted fresh and had a good variety in it. I started on my omelet (still waiting on my Siracha). I was greatly disappointed to say the least. There was no flavor and it lacked filling (note the large sections of just egg in the picture below). I had one little piece of brie in the whole dish... Give me the cheese. Maybe if I had gotten some hot sauce it would have helped, but it never came. Give away my food AND not bring me the flavor sauce? No bueno for Weezie's.


     Weezie's did nothing to endure itself to me the entire time I was there. I don't even feel like I want to give it a second try anytime in the near to distant future. And I certainly can't go out of my way to recommend it either. This is one Weezie that is NOT moving on up to the West Side. There will be no deluxe apartment in the sky. Thank god the day got better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment