Sunday, December 22, 2013

Kobe Japanese Steaks and Sushi

10/24/13:



Stars: 4.9 out of 5.0
Pros: Plenty of Space, Friendly Staff, Excellent Chefs, Tasty Food
Cons:


     For BN's birthday, CE & AE wanted to grab dinner at Kobe in down town. A little bit of that hibachi to celebrate. Granted, I was very late to this celebration, but I wasn't going to miss it for anything. I got there and the four of us sat down to enjoy a nice meal.

     Kobe (Kobe Steaks and Sushi) is a relatively big space. The first floor has regular tables and the bar. There is a lot of room and it has a nice open feel to it. Downstairs is where all of the hibachi tables are located. I want to say they have about a half-dozen of them. Given that they each seat about 10 people, there is plenty of space for big parties. It wasn't smokey either, which means they have a good ventilation system. Lighting was very inviting as well. I am a big fan of how Kobe is set-up.






     Every staff member we talked to was friendly and helpful. The host was polite and understanding in my tardiness. The hibachi chef was pleasant and engaging as he cooked for us. The bartenders were quick with drinks. And no one seemed to rush us even though we were probably some of their last customers for the night. That, to me, is the biggest part. I know that feeling you get when a late party sits down and all you want to do is clean so you can leave. I never sensed that from the staff so kudos to them on their professionalism.

     We ordered a various amount of hibachi dishes among the 4 of us. Our chef double checked our orders and asked how the steaks should be cooked. With that he went to work. I have always been impressed with the art of hibachi cooking. The knife skills and showmanship required are truly fascinating. Our chef did not disappoint in his skills. He did an impressive job while engaging in conversation with us. And his use of fire did not fail to impress me at any point.








     Our food was excellent. All of it was cooked perfectly and there was a lot of it. I'm a huge fan of rice so I was glad to see Kobe is not shy in it's offering. All of the vegetables were wonderfully cooked and had a fresh taste to them. My chicken was wonderfully seasoned and had a nice caramel color to the outside of it. All of the steaks were cooked exactly as requested, which seems to be a difficult thing for some restaurants to accomplish. And the shrimp they made were perfect. I also enjoyed the various dipping sauces they provided with each meal. I am a big fan of the ginger sauce as it provides just the right flavor burst to accent the seasoning on the food. BN and AE ended up taking some leftovers home, which I can't fault them for as the portions are generous. An all around well done dinner.






     Kobe has really got it all going for them it seems. They have a wonderful building, excellent staff, great cooks and satisfying meals. I would not hesitate to visit them again in the future when I have a craving for dinner and a show. If that's what you are looking for give them a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment