Saturday, January 4, 2014

Coppola's Deli Revisited

11/18/13:



Stars: 4.5 out of 5.0
Pros: Fast Service, Tasty Food
Cons: Need a Meal Deal



     SB and I found ourselves  in Carytown running errands when lunch time snuck up on us and began conversing with our stomachs. We both agreed that sandwiches would cut the discussion short. And where better to grab a sandwich then Coppola's Deli?

     Coppola's Deli (Coppola's Deli) is located on the Byrd Theater end of Carytown. It sits on a corner right in front of the public parking garage. It has a few outside tables, which I was looking forward to as the weather was really nice. I had a great experience last time I was here (1st Visit), so I was praying for a repeat.

     There were several occupied tables when we arrived and all the outside tables were taken. We put our stuff down on 2 of the chairs that looked out the front window and got in line to order. SB had never been here before so we discussed the sandwiches listed. After a long chat she went with a Cheese Colombo, which is a grilled cheese made with 3 types of cheese, various peppers and grilled onions. I got the Industrial which is an Italian mix. The Italian mix is a staple for me so I figured I would give it a try.

     We sat chatting and people watching as we waited on our sandwiches. For all who don't know,  SB spent 2 years in the Peace Corp in Madagascar. I like to hear her stories of all the things she accomplished while she was there. So, that's what we talked about. We hadn't been talking long when our order was called. It was brought over to us and we couldn't wait to dig in. I LOVE quick service.

     SB is one of the few people in this world that I have a standing agreement with where we share food. So after trying our own sandwiches, we tried each others. First, I thought the Industrial was excellent. There was a fair portion of meat on the sandwich, enough to make me happy. The meat to cheese ratio was perfect. I didn't feel it was under or over cheesy. I forgot to request no onion, but SB quickly took care of those for me. I really liked the freshness of the veggies. I think that using fresh veggies adds a lot to a sandwich. Finally, I loved the bread. It is just good solid bread. Perfect for a deli sandwich. Now the Cheese Colombo is a different beast. It is three types of cheese laid over onions and peppers till it's melty and golden brown. Then it's put on a roll with more veggies. It was a cheesy delight. All the cheeses were gooey and delightful. And I prefer my onions cooked, so that was good. It is an excellent sandwich for a cheese fiend like SB.

















 


   As I stated last time, my only issue here is the lack of a combo meal for a fair price. I won't harp on it much because you can read my last post if you want to know. Chips, drink & sandwich all for $9... all I'm asking for.

     Just like last time, Coppola's Deli came through with an excellent meal. Their fast polite service and high quality products paired up to make the experience top notch. I wish there was a Coppola's closer to my house so I could enjoy a sandwich 2 or 3 times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment