Thursday, April 11, 2013

Embracing Social Media

   

     One of the goals of Going Out in Richmond is to reach out to the masses. To inspire their appetites, banish their boredom and reignite their passion for all this city has to offer. I want visitors to have a guide to what Richmond is all about. I want to be the go to source for those in the know and those that want to be. That is a lofty goal, but one that is completely attainable with some effort. But frequent posting won't do it alone. I realized I needed to embrace social media. I need to use this Twitter the kids are all raving about. I also created a Facebook page in hopes of spreading the word. My hope is that you, my faithful readers, will like my page and follow me on Twitter. My page can be found here: Going Out In Richmond on Facebook. And follow me on this Twitter thing: @GoingOutInRVA. I'll do my best to keep my 180 character updates interesting.


     I also want to give a quick shout out to Swell Design (Swell Design) for my new logo, which can be seen at the top of this post. I also appreciate my brother for the QR code that links right to my blog. With any luck, I'll someday have it all over Richmond. But, that's not gonna be for a bit. I would like to say the support of my readers, friends and family in helping me design, edit and promote this blog has been huge and so very appreciated. I request you keep it up!

     Finally, we might have our first guest blogger coming up soon and I'm pretty stoked about it. Details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment